Thursday 9 September 2010

Which is more important in a trailer - images or words?

When it comes to movie trailers I personally believe images are more important than the words. An image can show the characters, setting and atmosphere of the film, whereas the words explain certain key points of the film. However, I do believe that words are important. Without words the images would create a slideshow which could get a tad boring, whereas with the words, the viewers can get a clearer view of what sort of film it is using the font, colour and arrangement of the typography.
Images are like a teaser to what the film is going to be like. It gives the viewer a visual preview and entices the audience. Without the images it is more like a written review. To conclude, in my belief I still think images are more important although I understand clearly how very important the words are.

No comments:

Post a Comment